LalBrew® Abbaye Belgian Trappist Ale Yeast
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
LalBrew® Abbaye is an ale yeast of Belgian origin. Selected for its ability to ferment Belgian style beers ranging from low to high alcohol, LalBrew® Abbaye produces the spiciness and fruitiness typical of Belgian and Trappist style ales. When fermented at higher temperatures, typical flavors and aromas include tropical, spicy and banana. At lower temperatures, LalBrew® Abbaye produces darker fruit aromas and flavors of raisin, date, and fig. Traditional styles brewed with this yeast include but are not limited to Belgian White, Belgian Blonde, Belgian Golden, Dubbel, Tripel, and Quad.
- Fermentation can be completed in 4 days above 17°C (63°F).
- Medium to high attenuation and high alcohol tolerance.
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation depend on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of wort.
- Low flocculation rate; settling can be promoted by cooling and by using fining agents and isinglass.
- Complex aroma and flavors may include peppery, fruity, banana, clovy, alcoholic, sweet and fruity. Does not display undesirable odors when properly handled.